Tuesday, October 20, 2020

THE KENNEDYS CREW MEMBERS SCORE CANCELLATION

February 16, 2011 by · Leave a Comment 

Three persons who worked on The Kennedys miniseries have expressed indignation over its cancellation by the History Channel. (It has been picked up by ReelzChannel channel, which plans to broadcast it beginning April 3.) In interviews with Daily Variety, the three said that the channel had been aware of the miniseries’ content from the beginning. Director of Photography David Moxness told the trade publication: “It was shocking when they pulled the plug. … Presumably they got the dailies as we shot.” Production designer Rocco Matteo was quoted as saying, “I think they’re gutless. … We made a serious adult drama that embraces all the realities and pressures of political life.” And costume designer Christopher Hargadon insisted that the miniseries “is not at all anti-Kennedy. … It’s a respectful portrayal of the family.” Variety did not indicate whether it had attempted to obtain a response from the History Channel.