Monday, December 9, 2019

TWO SOAP OPERAS MAY RETURN FROM THE DEAD

December 18, 2012 by · Leave a Comment 

The long-running soap operas All My Children and One Life to Live may not be dead and buried after all. Following their cancellation by ABC last year, the production company Prospect Park announced that it planned to revive the two series online, but in November it said that it had been unable to “secure the backing and clear all the hurdles.” However, on Monday Deadline.com said that Prospect Park had signed deals with SAG-AFTRA and the DGA, allowing production to resume in the first quarter of 2013. Deadline reported that preliminary discussion with the actors from both soaps are currently underway. Susan Lucci has already stated that she would be “ecstatic” if Prospect Park succeeded in reviving All My Children.