Wednesday, June 26, 2019

ZUCKER’S CHANGES FAIL TO LIFT CNN RATINGS

January 29, 2014 by · 1 Comment 

Those changes that CNN chief Jeff Zucker has brought to the cable news network over the past year have not drawn more viewers to it, according to Nielsen ratings. In fact, TVNewser observed on Tuesday that those ratings indicate that the network has lost more than a quarter of its audience in both total day and primetime this month versus January of last year. In primetime, the figures were worse. It was down 39 percent among total viewers and 35 percent among viewers 25-54, putting it in third place, behind Fox News and MSNBC. While Anderson Cooper 360 remained the network’s highest-rated show, it was down 20 percent in total viewers and 25 percent in the 25-54 demo. The repeat AC360 Later was down a whopping 45 percent and 46 percent respectively.